We take your privacy seriously; we’re sure you do too, so please do have a read of the full policy.
We realise it’s quite long, so we’ve tried to help you out by summarising it here, but we’d still love you to take the time to read them in full. Basically:
- We collect information (including sensitive information) to make Lush's website useful to you.
- We’ll keep you posted with Lush news if you opt in.
- We may share your information with companies we work with, but you won’t be plagued with irrelevant material. It will not be publicly available, although we may have to pass on your details where required by law or if you breach our Content Standards.
- To remember you, our system will store cookies. This helps us to improve the website, although you can opt out. We will not sell this information. or give it away unless required by law.
We are Lush South Africa and we are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988.
This statement discloses the privacy practices and policies for the Lush website. If you have any questions about these practices and policies, please email us at [email protected]
Your personal data will be used for processing and invoicing your order and when dealing with your enquiries and, if you opt in, to send you information about Lush and its products. This may involve processing sensitive personal data about your health that you give to us.
If you would like to be kept up to date with all the new exciting Lush news, you can opt in for our newsletter and Lush Times! All you have to do sign-up via our website or customer care team and there you have it; you can then confirm that your e-mail address is correct and is the same address you have used to order with.
We may share your information on a confidential basis with our third party providers and group companies. However, don't worry, your data is not publicly available and we will never pass it on to anyone who will plague you with non-Lush marketing stuff. We treat your data as strictly confidential!
The only exceptions are:
- if you breach our Content Standards as described within our Conditions of Use for example by posting something on our website and we receive a reasonable claim of Intellectual Property infringement (e.g. you have used someone else's picture or song and they complain) or a breach of the right to privacy (eg put up a picture of someone doing something against the public interest) then we may have to pass on your details however we will tell you first unless it is the police asking;
- if we sell our business or part of our business in which case personal data held about you could be transferred but you would be notified and be given the opportunity to have your data removed.
Our website uses a few main cookies;
We keep a session cookie which is a small file on our server allowing us to distinguish you from other users, so that we can keep a virtual "basket" of the products you add to your shopping cart.
We also use Google Analytics, which sets a small cookie file on your computer browser. This cookie stores no personal information about you and will keep a track of how you browse our website. We use this anonymous information to help us further improve the shopping experience on our website.
Some of the pages on za.lush.com use content embedded from another website, for example YouTube, you maybe sent cookies from these websites. We don’t actually control these cookies and we would recommend that you visit these third parties for more information about their cookies:
- Paygate (our payment provider), YouTube (to view videos), Facebook (to share content) and NOSTO (provide our trending products, articles and ingredients). Crazy Egg (creates heatmaps of visitors on our site)
We don't sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). We treat your information as sensitive and confidential.
If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume you are happy to accept all cookies on the Lush website.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your device, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching. Unfortunately you will not be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
(Now the lawyer type has left the room, aaargh! You know we will do the right thing and hope you will too.)